If you are a fan of ice cream, we encourage you to try this recipe for homemade single-ingredient ice cream. An ice cream that contains neither sugar nor fat and is surprisingly creamy.
Heatwaves are one of the most feared aspects of the United States. Ice cream is a refreshing and appetizing option to beat the heat. Perhaps if we tell you that there is a homemade ice cream that you can prepare in five minutes, with a single ingredient, and that you can eat it without any guilt, you think that we are kidding you. Nothing of that! When you try this delicious banana ice cream you will see its creaminess, as it has nothing to envy to other ice creams with too much fat.
And the best thing is that to make this healthy banana ice cream you only need one ingredient: banana. No sugar or added fats such as eggs, milk or cream, just fruit to enjoy a healthy and delicious ice cream. Join us!
How to make homemade banana ice cream
If you are wondering how it is possible for an ice cream made only with a banana to be so creamy, we owe it all to the texture and consistency of this fruit. However, to obtain a magnificent cream, we must freeze it and then liquefy it, thus you will get that your banana ice cream is richer than that of the ice cream parlor.
Of all the recipes with banana, this is undoubtedly the easiest, it is also perfect for lactose, egg or gluten intolerant, ingredients present in many traditional ice creams in any ice cream parlor.
- 1 large ripe banana per person
Steps to make homemade banana ice cream:
- Cut the bananas into slices and drizzle them with lemon juice to prevent them from browning and turning black. Place the slices in a container, separating the layers with a film so that they do not stick, and put them in the freezer for at least three hours. When you have slightly ripe bananas and you are not going to eat them all before they spoil, you can freeze them and you will have them ready when you feel like preparing ice cream.
- After the indicated time, remove the banana slices from the freezer and leave it at room temperature for five minutes. Then, place it in the food processor, a food processor or a powerful blender for two or three minutes, cleaning the edges with a spatula from time to time so that it blends well and you get a homogeneous cream. Serve immediately.
- The only drawback of this banana ice cream is that it must be prepared at the right time when it is going to be consumed since, by being made with frozen bananas, you can freeze it again when it is made but the taste will not be the same. It has a very creamy consistency, so it should be eaten fresh. Finally, for those with a sweet tooth, you can add chocolate shavings, crushed Oreo cookies, chocolate syrup …
Another variant of homemade banana ice cream
For all those who want to lose weight or maintain a healthy diet and take good care of their body, banana ice cream is perfect in their diets. It is delicious, it is very cheap and easy to make, so it will appeal to children and adults.
To make this homemade banana ice cream, the idea is to use a food processor, as the ice cream is creamier. To decorate, you can top with your favorite toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, assorted seeds, dehydrated fruits, syrups, honey …
You can also add other frozen fruits to experiment with other flavors and colors, such as berries and mango. Also, if the fruit is ripe, the ice cream will be sweeter, so you can opt for dates or any natural sweetener.
Ideally, freeze the bananas at least the night before, as in the previous recipe. If your machine has a hard time processing them, you can use half of the fresh and half frozen bananas, or add a little non-dairy milk. The best ones for making ice cream are coconut and dried fruit, such as walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts.
When you add the frozen bananas to the processor, you should not remove them until you get creamy ice cream. Be patient, it takes a while to achieve the perfect consistency. Once the ice cream is ready, put it in an airtight glass container and let it rest for at least an hour in the freezer to solidify a bit, although you can also eat it fresh.
Thanks to the fact that banana ice cream is so healthy, you can eat it every day without fear of gaining weight or harming your health. You can even make quite a quantity and store it in the freezer instead of always doing it on the spot. If it is too hard when you take it out of the freezer, leave it at room temperature for a few minutes until it is slightly softer so you can make balls.
It is one of the easiest banana recipes, so much so that you have no excuses not to make it, it is also very healthy and delicious. Take note, when you taste it you will not be able to stop eating it.
- 6 frozen bananas
- Chopped walnuts and cane honey
- Chop the bananas and freeze them the night before in an airtight container so that your blender or food processor can blend them without problems.
- Incorporate the chopped and frozen bananas into the glass of your blender or food processor, although we recommend the latter because it produces creamier ice cream, and beat until you get a banana ice cream with a very creamy consistency. This step may take a while, so be patient.
- When the ice cream is ready, put it in the freezer for at least an hour in an airtight container to solidify a little. You can also eat it at the moment, but it will be somewhat soft.
- It’s time to decorate your homemade banana ice cream with what you like the most. Choose any of the options that we have shown you above and… Enjoy the summer!